Work life balance is the state of balancing personal life and professional life. It is a tough task to maintain the work and the family in this fast business world. It is important to balance the time spent outside the work that includes the family, relationships, other personal interests and hobbies.
Defining the work life balance is simple but working professionals everywhere struggle to maintain it. Work life balance should be attained across genders.
Having work life balance helps to reduce stress and chances of burnout. Employees face a lot of problems like depression, anxiety and also health issues like pains, heart problems and hypertension. Burnout is caused when employees work for a long time and have continues stress.
How can an employer allow his employee to maintain work – life balance?
Most of the employees it is necessary to work to have sufficient money to live, so it is challenging for them to bring up such issues with the employer.
The work place of the employees must give the necessary space for their employees to enhance their performance and also can benefited by getting better results. The work environment must also allow the employees to work stress free.
- Employees can be allowed to work in flexible work hours.
- Ability to work from home. If the job or task that can be done from home, then it can be scheduled to be do from home.
- Personal time off: It is big positive if they are given to take personal time without affecting the productivity.
- Can be provided for childcare if needed.
If the concern wants to attract good employees, and keep them, they can acknowledge the importance of work-life balance by offering the following:
- Competitive compensation: one of the biggest stress for employees is money.
- Comfortable office conditions: if the employee is happy at work, they will be more productive.
- Opportunities in professional growth and socialization.
Employers will have to constantly be on noticing in order to find the proper balance to keep productivity up, but also keep their employees happy.
Download Work Life Balance PowerPoint Presentation:
How can an employee ensure work – life balance?
Here we have listed some important steps to ensure work life balance for an employee.
- Take some break
- Set priorities
- Do exercise everyday
- Spend time with family and friends
- Take holiday trips
- Maintaining healthy diet habits
- Getting enough sleep
- Pursuing hobbies
- Leaving work pressure at work
- Schedule one activity you look forward for a day
- Know when to say no
Benefits of work life balance
When employees are given the space and time to live a balanced life, their well being increases and they feel happier.
This definitely results beneficial for both the employee and the employer. The benefits are listed below:
- A motivated employee
- Better levels in efficiency
- Increase in productivity
- Decrease in absence due to sick and stress
- Improves in customer support
- More competition to work in the concern
- Higher retention level
- Success in achieving goals
Thus, maintaining good work life balance benefits both the employer and the employee.