5G technology is the latest telecommunication network that is designed after 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G networks. It is the 5th generation mobile network.
It is designed to connect virtually in high data speed, with high reliability and low latency. 5G is a unified platform than 4G. 5G can deliver up to 20 Gigabits-per-second (Gbps) peak data rates and 100+ Megabits-per-second (Mbps) average data rates.
Where can be 5G used?
5G can be used in three main connection service, they include:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband
- Mission-critical communications, and
- The massive IoT
It is designed to support the services flexibly that will be necessary in future.
5G mobile technology can be used in smartphones with faster and uniform data rates with low cost per bit.
5G offers industries low latency links for performing remote control over infrastructure, vehicles and medical uses.
Download 5G Technology as PowerPoint Presentation
Is 5G Hazard to health ?
In spite of abundant benefits gained by uses, 5G technology radiations also carries various health hazards to living beings.
- The cell towers may use high frequency signals to get large amount data. It also requires many cell towers. Experts claim that health worse off in persons residing near mobile towers.
- The electromagnetic force cause inflammations, disrupting the circadian rhythm of organic living beings.
- It may also cause heart problems, dizziness, nausea, anxiety and depression.
- Also researches have predicted that the radiations penetrates into tissues and affect the nervous system. It also causes skin diseases including cancers in prolonged use.
- Despite humans, the electromagnetic radiations also cause impacts in birds and their nesting behaviour, in growth of trees and plants. And cause impact in natural habitat.
Is 5G Boon or Bane ?
- The telecommunication companies claim to provide faster internet and the user demand over bandwidth.
- Rural areas would also get internet service.
- 5G technology requires small cell towers to be deployed closer to users with more antennas to expand its data-intensive coverage.
- There are possibilities that 5G networks are more hack-able because it’s connected and integrated.
Although there are various confusions over the need, safety, and efficiency of 5G network various countries have declared the technology as safe and implemented. It is also ready to hit the market.
Countries that have 5G Technology
Some countries over the world already implemented 5G whereas many other countries have planned it and are under test setup.
First country to adapt 5G in large scale is South Korea.Tweet
South Korea, China and United States are leading in building and deploying 5G technology.
Australia, Canada have began their 5G service and are currently expanding. Many cellphone companies have began to upgrade 5G network into action in many countries over the world and in trial setup in other countries.
Advantages of 5G Technology
- 5G is designed to connect numerous embedded sensors virtually in low data, power and mobility.
- 5G technology works 10 times faster than 4G and so it is easier to download files/ videos just in seconds.
- Data rates of 5Gbps or more can be achieved.
- Decreases traffic load.
- Provides consistent and uninterrupted connectivity through the world.
- 5G provides 10 times decrease in latency.
- It is manageable with previous generations.
- It can give 3 times more spectrum efficiency.
Disadvantages of 5G Technology
- 5G equipment’s are costly to install and maintain.
- 5G smartphones are costly for common man to use.
- Privacy issues are not yet resolved.
- 5G waves may suffer in losses in penetration, attenuation due to rain, etc.,